Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Little girls.

Photobucket

As I was driving home from work tonight I noticed three little girls climbing over a white vinyl fence to get out to the sidewalk. When all three were over, they started to skip ... little girls like to skip, and how can you not be happy when you see that?

It made me remember my own girls and their days of playing house ... with their dolls ... and coloring ... and watching Barney and the CareBears. I miss their little voices as they talked to each other and sang, and asked questions about anything and everything. They were so sweet.

I miss combing their hair after they got out of the tub ... and tying bows in their hair. I miss white lace socks and tying their shoes. It made me feel nostalgic, and a tiny bit sad ...

But I do have Libby ... and I did keep lots and lots of dolls ... and bows ... and dress up clothes!

I love little girls!

5 comments:

  1. I love girls...when they grow up, they come back to you with babies...and thats the best of all! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so agree...girls are the best!!! My 3 girls make me sooooo happy. Hugs my friend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. SOPHIE!!! That's all I have to say. SOPHIE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ditto to all the above.... There is just something magical about having daughters. I am so grateful for mine. Bows, baby dolls, sundresses, white laced socks with black patent leather shoes, etc..... LOVE it all and then some! Thanks P-Dove for your Happy Little Things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are darling...guess I'll be waiting for wonderful daughter-in-laws and grand daughters!!! I am just lucky to have friends and a sis-in-law who share their daughters with me!!! And Emily is pregnant...and they say I get to be an almost grammie to hers!!!! Fun! But, I think she wants a boy first? We'll see!!! =0)
    Your girls are PRECIOUS Polly!!!!

    ReplyDelete