Monday, January 17, 2011

Glee.



Friday night McCall and I went to see Elliott and Sophie in their high school's "Glee" concert.  It didn't (quite) measure up to the talent on the real Glee TV show, but it was rather entertaining, nonetheless.

The concert featured some soloists, some really corny but cute choreography, an extremely impressive jazz band, and that really cute teacher I would have had a crush on if I were any of these girls in the show.  (McCall and I got a kick out of the fact that he wasn't really conducting the band like he did at the Christmas concert.  Instead he would just pop his arms at them every once in a while as he stood in front of them and got his groove on ... it was adorable.)

I was snapping quite a few pictures throughout the show, not necessarily just of my kids.  After one of those pictures, the guy I was sitting next to asked, "So is one of your kids in this choir?"

I said, "No.  I am just taking pictures of the girl I want my son to take to the prom."

He laughed and said, "Isn't it funny how we do that?  I have set three of my kids up with their spouses and they are all happily married." 

Well, how cool would that be?  To hand pick your children's spouses.  And here I was just hoping to encourage my son to ask a cute girl to the prom.   :)

We picked one we liked for Sophie too ... 







The kids all really enjoyed themselves and you could totally tell ... that makes it all the more fun!




I'd say this license plate I saw in the parking lot that night sums up the night pretty well!


5 comments:

  1. i'm laughing out loud. that was a fun/funny night! i love our picks for the kids. what'd they say about 'em anyway?? that last picture of them is so stinkin' cute!

    groooovey! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha, peeps i LOVE that! those are pretty good picks for elliot and soph ;) i think i would have loved that concert.
    ps. jord and i have been cleaning out our second room and i found an old journal that i was reading.. and one of the entries was all about broadway kids and how much i LOVED going to see your girls sing. miss those good ol days ;) love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once again...AdoRabLe!!!
    I liked your picks for the kids...and by the way for you...is that teacher by any chance SINGLE??? (or even the nice guy you sat next to?)
    =0)
    JUST CURIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay that was sooo funny! Taking pics of prom dates! I love it!!! I can sooo totally see myself doing that!

    What a fun production! I never had a crush on cute teachers but I ALWAYS chased summer camp counselors :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. did they sing any Journey songs? Because after reading this post, I have "Don't Stop Believing" in my head, which as we all know, is the Glee staple song! :)

    ReplyDelete