Thursday, August 5, 2010

Salt water sandals.

It really has been fun for me to dig through my photo boxes while looking for a specific picture for a post. I just happened upon this one recently and I just held it ... looking at each individual face of these cherubs, thinking about how much joy they have brought me.

I looked at Haley, kissing her brother on the head and remembered how in love she always was with baby boys and realized how indicative that was of her future ... that being, always crazy about grown up baby boys. When Haley was 3 and 4 her uncle Bart always used to tell me, "You are going to be in so much trouble with this one!"

I looked at McCall, barely able to hang on to her big fat baby brother and remembered what a great big sister she always was to those siblings. So patient and conscientious of their feelings and needs. I realized how indicative that was of her too ... what a perfect little mother she has become to her baby, Libby. So patient and loving and concerned.

That little curly headed Chloe. Oh how I just wanted to eat her up at that age! She was curious, delightful and so happy to be there. She lived in a little world of hopes and dreams. She has grown up to be curious and delightful and has held on to those same hopes and dreams.

And Elliott ... he was absolutely my fattest baby and I think my best baby too, at least at that age. He slept well, didn't cry much and never, ever, ever spit up so he always smelled really nice. And he was so smushy and soft, we all just wanted to squeeze him to pieces.

Every summer these kids got new salt water sandals at Nordstrom. I'm not even sure if they make those anymore, but they were a definite staple of summer at our house. They could dress up for church or dress down for the beach ... and if you threw them in the washer, they came out looking like new.

Once Elliott's little square boxy feet could fit into some - his were navy blue.

6 comments:

  1. Ooooh. I'm crying too...maybe cause you mentioned it but, mostly cause I love my sibling and MISS my sisters VERY much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, gosh...you need a warning before this post to grab a few tissues! Crying for the 2nd time at work today! What a sweet post- and that picture is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhhh...what a lovely post..I did not realize that those sandals where called Salt Water Sandals...love them! I think I would love a pair. Hugs for a great weekend. xoxoxoxoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are adorable! Mine is 4, we only have one. It does go by fast...today I'm wishing for a different age though. :)
    Let me know if you have any questions about the butterfly artwork. Thanks for stopping by!
    Londen

    ReplyDelete
  5. You described them to a tee....they are all so precious and adorable...and they always have been!!! McCall always seemed like she'd be the greatest mama...that is so sweet! Lucky little Libby!

    ReplyDelete