Thursday, August 12, 2010

Clay critters.


Have you heard that today is the 71st Anniversary of The Wizard of Oz? I kind of like everything about the Wizard of Oz ... I blogged about that already over here.

This morning McCall sent me an email asking me if I had seen the Google home page today. They had a drawing of Dorothy, the scarecrow, the tin man and the lion heading toward the Emerald City through the poppy fields.

The poppies spelled out Google ... I thought that was pretty clever.

So today I was reminded of my little clay creation of Dorothy and her friends. I keep it in a little wall cabinet that hangs in my bedroom.

I kind of love them too ... each of these characters are only about 1 and 1/4" high. That's pretty tiny. I don't think I would have have the patience to make those curls for Lion's mane. (Or that rope around Scarecrow's collar for that matter.) But I do adore little things made out of clay, so when I saw these guys in a shop in Solvang, California years ago, I wanted to have them.

Do you remember that I'm also kind of an Alice in Wonderland fan? I wanted them too:



Okay ... and these guys ...

7 comments:

  1. hi hi!

    I just stumbled upon your sweet sweet blog and couldn't help but click your follow button!! your blog is lovely and i look forward to following your adventures in the future!

    xo, kate

    p.s. your children are SO beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those things are amazing - I can hardly even picture them being so tiny and having SO much detail! They are pretty cute though, I think the scarecrow is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...these are amazing!!! 71st Anniversary..I love that movie. I remember watching it every year as a wee one and being sooooo scared.

    Happy weekend my friend. xoxoxoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. are all those yours?? how come i don't recognize them all? maybe cause you have so much CUTE stuff, it's hard to keep track. i love trinkets...they are a happy LITTLE thing. we must be related. love your blog. love you. love alice. can i name my next daughter alice? i hope i have a next daughter. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. bug, some of those be my hand me downs...i'm not as sentimental as your mama.

    ReplyDelete