Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Mountain views.

Photobucket

This is my view as I am coming down the street towards home.

So many times I have said to my children, "Just look at how gorgeous that is."

And not just in the wintertime either. All through the different seasons.

One of those times, I was driving with Elliott and he said, "Mom, why don't you stop and take a picture?"

This morning I did.

The view as I leave my neighborhood, most often times, looks like a painting to me. Sometimes it makes me feel like that's the end of the "set" over there ... like in the movie "The Truman Show," where Jim Carey lives in a staged world and his sky is just painted on an enormous dome.

Can that sky be real? Are those mountains really there?

I love where I live.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. when you told me you had a post about loving where you live i thought you meant your actual house? this was a surprise. love it! i miss south mountain...driving to PG just isn't the same.

    ReplyDelete