Monday, January 11, 2010

Random thoughts.

Photobucket

I clicked from one blog to another and saw a post about Random Thoughts.

(Okay, it was my daughter's friend, Megan.) She said she had "blog stalked" her way into finding these and wanted to share ... although she had over 50 random thoughts on her post, I thought I would just share my top ten favorites, the ones that gave me a smile:


- Whenever someone says "I'm not book smart, but I'm street smart,"
all I hear is, "I'm not real smart, but I'm imaginary smart."


- How many times is it appropriate to say "What?" before you just nod
and smile because you still didn't hear what they said?


- MapQuest really needs to start their directions on #5. Pretty sure I
know how to get out of my neighborhood.


- Every time I have to spell a word over the phone using as in examples,
I will undoubtedly draw a blank and sound like a complete idiot. Today
I had to spell my boss's last name to an attorney and said, "Yes, that's G
as in ... (10 second lapse) ... um ... Goonies."


- I hate leaving my house confident and looking good and then not seeing
anyone of importance the entire day. What a waste.


- Why is it that during an ice-breaker, when the whole room has to go
around and say their name and where they are from, I get so incredibly
nervous? Like I know my name, I know where I'm from, this shouldn't
be a problem.


- I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger.


- Is it just me, or are 80% of the people in the "people you may know" feature
on Facebook people that I do know, but I deliberately choose not to be
friends with?


- Have you ever been walking down the street and realized that you're going in
the complete opposite direction of where you are supposed to be going? But
instead of just turning a 180 and walking back in the direction from which you
came, you have to first do something like check your watch or your phone or
make a grand arm gesture and mutter to yourself to ensure that no one in
the surrounding area thinks you're crazy for randomly switching
directions on the sidewalk?


- You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work
when you've made up your mind that you just aren't doing anything
else productive for the rest of the day.


(For me, that would be now.)

2 comments:

  1. i saw these too. so funny. i love the mapquest one! and i think there was one about traffic that jared and i laughed at but, you didn't pick it. ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy to see we stalk each others blogs :)

    ReplyDelete